Beirut - Lebanon
Organized by UNDP-ACIAC in partnership with the Lebanese Transparency Association and the Lebanese Parliamentarians Against Corruption, the roundtable discussions will take place in Beirut on 28 April 2016 with more than 50 participants in attendance including parliamentarians, civil society representatives, active judges and senior officials, and a number of independent experts and academics.
The event aims to provide a unique space in Lebanon for open direct discussions between representatives of different political blocks and civil society groups on anti-corruption priorities and challenges. Participants would agree that the country is experiencing socio-political changes that create new opportunities for action against corruption, including the growing role of the youth movements and civil society as a driver of public awareness and action; Participants will also commit to continue and deepen this dialogue with a view to inform the development of broad strategic directions on the one hand, and identify actionable recommendations for joint action on the other.
Scan to add to your calendar
Anthony Abi Saad
Junior Programme Management and Operation Officer
Phone: +961 3 073 298
Thursday 28 April 2016
09:30 – 10:00 Registration
10:00 – 10:15 Opening Session
- What is the general framework of the roundtable discussions? What are its objectives?
10:15 – 11:30 Political, Economic and Social Drivers and Obstacles
- How do participants view anti-corruption efforts in Lebanon? How do they see these efforts being strengthened in light of national specificities, development needs and regional and international commitments? How can we increase the chances of success in light of existing challenges?
11:30 – 12:45 Anti-Corruption Agencies and Means to Enhance their Performance
- How do participants view the performance of official agencies in charge of anti-corruption? What are the needed steps to build a more effective institutional system in this regard?
12:45 – 13:45 Lunch
13:45 – 15:00 Anti-Corruption Legislative Priorities and Related Progress
- What are key anti-corruption legislative needs? What is the progress achieved so far to address these needs? How can we support such efforts?
15:00 – 16:15 Most Corruption-Prone Sectors and Related Counter-Strategies
- To what extent are various sectors impacted by corrupt practices in Lebanon? Which sectors should be given priority? What are some of the best approaches that can be adopted in this regard?
16:15 – 16:30 Closing Session
List of Event's Documents
REGISTRATION FORM / استمارة التسجيل
General Information / معلومات عامة
Passport Details / جواز السفر
Address / العنـوان